Kia has finally launched the all-new top of the line variant of the Seltos called the Kia Seltos X Line. The X Line version of the Seltos was showcased in India at the Auto Expo 2020 in its concept avatar. Now that the company has revealed its production-spec version, let’s have a closer look at it. In this article, we will be telling you what are the differences between the regular GT Line of the Kia Seltos and its new X Line version. The new Kia Seltos X Line has been launched in India today and its price starts at Rs 17.79 lakhs, Ex-showroom Delhi. Check out its detailed price, specifications, etc.
Kia Seltos X Line vs Kia Seltos GT Line – What’s New?
The Kia Seltos X Line gets a lot of new goodies over the regular GT Line version. They are mentioned below in points:
- New larger 18-inch tyres but the alloy wheels remain the same as before.
- New Matte Graphite paint scheme, exclusive for the Seltos X Line version.
- Blacked-out inserts with smoked headlamps and tail lamps
- New Orange accents all over the body and even on alloy wheels
- New Blue interior trim with new upholstery for the seats
- Radiator Matte Graphite Grille with Xclusive Piano Black outline
- Fog lamp with Xclusive Piano Black accent
- Xclusive Piano Black Front Skid Plates with Sun Orange accents
- Xclusive Piano Black Rear Skid Plates with Sun Orange accents
- Xclusive Piano Black Dual Muffler Design
- Xclusive Piano Black Tailgate Garnish
- Side door garnish with Sun Orange Accents
- Center Wheel Cap with Sun Orange Accents
- Xclusive Piano Black ORVM
- Xclusive Piano Black Shark Fin Antenna, and
- An exclusive X Line emblem
Apart from these cosmetic changes, the new Kia Seltos X Line doesn’t get any major cosmetic enhancements or new features. In fact, there are no mechanical changes too and the other bits on the car remain the same as before. The new X Line variant will be top of the line model of the Seltos in the company’s India line-up. However, Kia should have added some new features in this top-end variant to justify the X Line badge and to lure the customers of this segment.
Kia Seltos X Line – Engine Specifications
The new Kia Seltos X Line gets a BS6 compliant 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine that pumps out 140 PS of power and 242 Nm of torque. The engine is paired to a 7-speed DCT (dual-clutch transmission) only and Kia doesn’t offer the 6-speed manual gearbox version in the X Line trim. This new range-topping variant also gets a BS6 compliant 1.5-litre diesel engine that pumps out 115 PS of power and 250 Nm of torque. The motor is also paired to a 6-speed torque-converter automatic transmission only and it doesn’t get the 6-speed manual gearbox version.
Kia Seltos X Line – Launch Price
The all-new Kia Seltos X Line was expected to be launched in the first week of September 2021 and it has been finally launched today. The X Line version of the SUV has been priced between Rs 17.79 lakhs – Rs 18.10 lakhs, Ex-showroom Delhi. Commenting on the occasion, Tae-Jin Park, Executive Director and Chief Sales & Business Strategy Officer, Kia India said, “Seltos is a breakthrough product that laid a strong foundation and marked the beginning of Kia’s journey in India. This product has been an inspiration for the entire mid-SUV segment in the country, in a true sense. With the introduction of top-of-the-line X Line trim, we want to offer an even more premium, exclusive product that will consolidate Seltos imagery leadership and premium positioning”. What are your thoughts on the Kia Seltos X Line? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.