We take a look at the Mahindra Thar 2020 variants, ahead of its launch on 2nd October 2020.
Mahindra unveiled the Thar 2020 on 15th August which happens to be India`s Independence day. Let`s take a look at the variants of the Mahindra as there is considerable excitement around this lifestyle product ahead of its launch.
The nex-gen Mahindra Thar with its updated looks, performance oriented engines (petrol & diesel), and accessories, is sure to appeal to the Urban SUV buyer as well as the off-road enthusiast.
Mahindra Thar 2020 Variants
The 2020 Thar is offered in three variants namely – AX AC, AX OPT, and LX. Let`s check out what each Thar variant has to offer.
Mahindra Thar AX AC
- 12V accessory socket
- Tool kit organiser
- Tilt adjustable steering wheel
- Vinyl seat upholstery
- Lockable glovebox
- Illuminated key ring
- Dashboard grab handle for front passenger
- Manual day-night IRVM
- Centre roof lamp
- Central locking
- Front fog lamps
- LED tail lamps
- Tubular steel side foot steps
- Fixed soft top
- Black finish grille
- R16 heritage steel wheels
- Tailgate-mounted spare wheel
- Dual airbags
- ABS, EBD with brake assist
- Panic braking signal
- Passenger airbag deactivation
- Seat belt reminder
- Snow chain provision for tyres
- HVAC with Eco mode
- Monochrome MID
- Rear parking sensors
- Electric driveline disconnect on front axle
- Mechanical locking differential
- Tow hitch protection
- Washable floor with drain plugs
- Welded tow hooks (front & rear)
- Removable doors for off-road use
Mahindra Thar AX OPT
Apart from the equipment list of the Thar AX AC, the AX OPT variant gets the below additional bells and whistles –
- Remote key-less entry
- Reclining mechanism, adjustable headrests, 50:50 split rear seat
- Tip & slide mechanism in co-driver seat
- Height adjustable driver seat
- Power windows in front doors
- Manual convertible top (petrol)
- Manual convertible or hard top (diesel)
- Rear demister (with hard top)
Mahindra Thar LX
The top trim is the Thar LX variant and comes loaded with many features besides the kit listed for the AX OPT variant.
Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls
USB Charging Port
Utility hook in backrest of co-driver seat
Fender-mounted Radio Antenna
Dual Tone Bumpers
Moulded Side Foot Steps
Top option – Manual Convertible Top or Hard Top
Deep silver finish on front grille vertical slats
R18 Deep Silver Alloy Wheels with Thar Branding
3-Point seat belts for rear passengers
ESP with roll-over mitigation
ISOFIX child seat mounts on rear seats
Speed sensing front door locks
7-inch touch screen infotainment system with navigation
Four speakers plus two tweeters
Adventure connect: calendar integration
BlueSense app connectivity
Electrically operated HVAC controls
Follow-Me-Home & Lead-Me-To-Thar lamps
Electric ORVM adjustment
Voice commands & SMS read-out
Tyre direction monitoring system
Tyretronics (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System)
The Mahindra Thar is a lifestyle product and with the unveil of the new Thar the company has proved yet again that they have a winner on their hands. The all-new SUV is updated to meets the needs of the urban customer as well as the off-road enthusiast.
For now, all we need to do is wait for Mahindra to reveal its pricing on 2nd October.
Also see – Upcoming SUVs in India
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.